- ☐ Content is organized under headings and subheadings.
- ☐ Headings and subheadings are used sequentially (e.g., Heading 1, Heading 2).
- ☐ Images that convey information include alternative text (alt text) descriptions of the image’s content or function.
- ☐ Graphs, charts, and maps also include contextual or supporting details in the text surrounding the image.
- ☐ Images do not rely on color to convey information.
- ☐ Images that are purely decorative do not have alt-tag descriptions. (Descriptive text is unnecessary if the image doesn’t convey contextual content information).
- ☐ The link is meaningful in context and does not use generic text such as “click here” or “read more.”
- ☐ Links do not open in new windows or tabs.
- ☐ If a link must open in a new window or tab, a textual reference is included in the link information (e.g., [NewTab]).
- ☐ Tables include row and column headers.
- ☐ Row and column headers have the correct scope assigned.
- ☐ Tables include a caption.
- ☐ Tables do not have merged or split cells.
- ☐ Tables have adequate cell padding.
- ☐ A transcript is available for each multimedia resource including relevant non-speech content.
- Transcript includes:
- speaker’s name
- all speech content
- relevant descriptions of speech
- descriptions of relevant non-speech audio
- headings and subheadings
- ☐ Captions of all speech content and relevant non-speech content are included in the multimedia resource; this includes the audio synchronized with a video presentation.
- ☐ Audio descriptions of contextual visuals (e.g., graphs, charts) are included in the multimedia resource.
- ☐ Formulas have been created using MathML.
- ☐ Formulas are images with alternative text descriptions if MathML is not an option.
- ☐ Font size is 12 point or higher for body text.
- ☐ Font size is 9 point for footnotes or endnotes.
- ☐ Font size can be zoomed to 200%.
All open textbooks from the OpenStax collection
are accessible according to this accessibility statement