Chapter 1 Learning Outcomes
- Define sociology and understand what it means to adopt the sociological perspective.
- Understand the 3 major theoretical perspectives, apply the perspectives to social issues and connect them to macrosociology and microsociology.
- Discuss the contributions of the foundational figures in the field of sociology.
- List and explain the steps of the research process.
- Distinguish between qualitative and quantitative data, and compare and contrast the methods of analysis.