Chapter Learning Outcomes
- Define family and understand family diversity throughout history; as well as the connections between major economic shifts and family changes in the United States.
- Summarize major theoretical approaches to understanding families.
- Describe contemporary US marriage, divorce and family patterns.
- Discuss how race, class and gender produce differences in marriage, divorce and family arrangements.
- Understand family violence.
Continue to 12.1 Families in Cross-Cultural and Historical Perspectives