Skip to content
Chapter 11: Economies, Politics and Government
Chapter 11 Learning Outcomes
- Outline the major components of the current economy and outline the economic development of societies.
- Define capitalism and socialism and discuss the advantages and shortcomings of both.
- Understand the globalization of the economy and its effects on societies.
- Define power the three types of authority and discuss the fundamental differences between “elite” and “pluralist” theories of power.
- Explain political ideology, how it’s measured, and what roles it plays in politics and political participation.
- Define war and terrorism and outline the differences between the them.