Skip to content
Chapter 5: Social Structure, Social Interaction and Social Groups
Chapter 5 Learning Outcomes
- Define each type of social status: ascribed, achieved and master status.
- Define social roles and explain their relationship to social status and social interaction.
- Identify differences between aggregates, categories and groups, including primary, secondary and reference groups.
- Distinguish between different types of leaders and their impact on group dynamics.
- Understand in-groups and out-groups and their relationship.
- Recall and explain the results of Asch and Milgram sociological experiments.
- Recognize group behaviors such as the diffusion of responsibility and groupthink.