For each essay, answer the following questions in groups of 3-4 people. One person should record the answers. One person should keep the group on task. One person should keep track of time. Be prepared to explain your answers.
- Structure: Was there an introduction, 3-5 body paragraphs, and a conclusion? Was each distinguishable?
- Could you easily identify a thesis? Was it a strong or weak thesis? Explain your answer.
- Could you easily identify topic sentences?
- Was support provided for each main point? Was it effective support?
- Were outside sources cited with in the essay? (internal documentation)
- Were outside sources cited on a Works Cited page? (external documentation)
- Was the introduction engaging and did it provide information helpful in following the essays? Why/why not?
Was the conclusion effective? Why/why not?