Chapter 3 Learning Outcomes
- Understand the process of socialization, its purpose, and why socialization is important to becoming human.
- Identify major agents of socialization and explain why and how they operate in both passive and coercive ways.
- Apply some of the major theories of socialization, including theories from Cooley, Mead, Goffman, Kohlberg and Gilligan, and Erickson.
- Identify and describe major components of the socialization process during stages of the life course.
- Explain resocialization and the contexts in which it occurs.