Chapter 7 Learning Outcomes
- Define social stratification, and compare and contrast the 4 forms of social stratification.
- Explain the means through which systems of social stratification change and are maintained.
- Define social class, outline the strata of the social class system in the U.S. and discuss and provide examples of the consequences of social class position.
- Review and explain trends in the distribution of income and wealth in the U.S., and outline factors associated with inequality.
- Define and outline the types of social mobility.
- Define poverty and review and assess how poverty is measured in the U.S.
- Outline and explain the patterns of poverty in the U.S. and assess the theories on the cause of poverty.